These are seriously the quickest and simplest granolas bars! You can also be super creative with your own ingredients, dabble with different quantities and try out different dried fruit/nut combinations.
INGREDIENTS (*rough quantities)
1 cup Mixed Roasted Nuts
1 cup Activated Buckinis
3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Dried Currants
1 tsp Vanilla Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 – 1 cup Rice Malt Syrup/Agave *use either or mix the two
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl with a flat spatular
- Add agave/rice malt syrup until you have a thin gooey consistency. My quantities always vary, however you want your mixture to be perfectly moist and sweet. NOT dry and NOT swimming in syrup.
- Place some baking paper on a large baking tray and spread the mixture down onto the paper. Use a non stick, flat spatular to press the mixture down, encourage it to stick together.
- Place in the oven for around 10 – 18 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful, it can burn quickly! Make sure the top is roasted and golden. This will help your bars stick together and form actual…. bars.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest until completely cool.
- Cut into long rectangular bars and store in an air tight glass container int he cupboard.
- I wish I could give you an exact idea of how long these last, but they don’t survive any longer than 3 days in my household… or if I’m honest… they rarely last 24 hours YUMM!!
Original recipe from > https://www.sarahsday.com/blog/2018/9/5/gooey-crunch-granola-bars